商务英语辅导:中级口语训练第4课-接待来访者

全国等级考试资料网 2022-09-10 16:43:28 47

Unit 4 Making appointment 接待来访者

“商务英语口语”适合已掌握英语基本语法和常用词汇的商务人士,或者是英语水平较高,但口语水平较差人士。将和外商谈生意时可能碰到的情况一网打尽,内容包括迎接客户、如何招待客户、推销产品、陪客户参观工厂、解决纠纷、顺利签约、完成交易、国外出差、订机票、旅店、途中处理突发事件等最常用的商务术语与词汇以及贸易实务常识、欧美国情、基本礼仪,让学员成为博闻多礼,潜力无限的经理人才.

Unit 4 接受访问

KATE MCKENNA: You know Mr. Sakai is coming at ten o’ clock, don’ t you, Jenny?

凯特.麦凯纳:詹妮,酒井先生10点钟要来,你知道吗?

JENNY ROSS: Yes, I do. It’ s an important meeting, isn’ t it?

詹妮.罗斯:是的,我知道。这次会议很重要,是吗?

KATE MCKENNA: And the slides are ready, aren’ t they? .[slaid][slaɪd]vt. & vi.滑动; 滑行

She slid along the ice.

她沿着冰面滑行。

凯特.麦凯纳:幻灯片已经准备好了,对吗?

JENNY ROSS: Yes, they are.

詹妮.罗斯:是的,准备好了。

KATE MCKENNA: And you have checked the monitor, haven’ t you? [’mɔnitə] 监视器, 监听器; 检测器

凯特.麦凯纳:你也检查过显示器,对吧?

JENNY ROSS: Yes, Kate, I have.

詹妮.罗斯:是的, 凯特,我已经检查过了。

KATE MCKENNA: Sorry, Jenny, it really is very important.

凯特.麦凯纳:詹妮,不好意思,不过这次会议真是太重要了。

DON BRADLEY: Good morning!

堂.布拉德利:早上好!

JENNY ROSS: Hello, Don.

詹妮.罗斯:你好, 堂。

DON BRADLEY: Is everything ready for the big day?

堂.布拉德利:这可是个大日子,都准备好了吗?

JENNY ROSS: I think so.

詹妮.罗斯:我想是的。

KATE MCKENNA: Don, I’ m worried about the last part of the presentation. Can we talk?

凯特.麦凯纳:堂, 我对演示的最后一部分有点担心。我们能谈谈吗?

****

MR. SAKAI: Thank you very much for collecting me.

酒井先生:非常感谢你来接我。

CLIVE HARRIS: It’ s a pleasure. Don’ t mention it. .[,prezən’teiʃən]n表演

克莱夫.哈里斯:乐意效劳。没什么的。

CLIVE HARRIS: Is your hotel okay?

克莱夫.哈里斯:宾馆还好吧?

MR. SAKAI: Yes, thanks. It’ s fine.

酒井先生:是的, 谢谢。很好。

CLIVE HARRIS: It is good of you to visit us.

克莱夫.哈里斯:你来探望我们真是太好了。

Thank you for sparing the time. I know you have a busy itinerary.

谢谢你抽出时间来,我知道你的行程很紧。

MR. SAKAI: It’ s a pleasure, Mr. Harris.

酒井先生:这是我的荣幸,哈里斯先生。

I enjoy coming to Britain. And I am looking forward to my visit to Bibury Systems. .[’brɪtn]n.不列颠,英国

我很高兴来英国。并且很期望对Bibury系统公司的参观。

CLIVE HARRIS: It’ s kind of you to say so.

克莱夫.哈里斯:你这么说真是太感谢你了。

We’ ll do our best to make your visit worthwhile. .[,wə:θ’wail] adj.值得的, 值钱的, 有价值的

我们会尽一切努力使你的来访有价值。

DON BRADLEY: You’ re seeing Phil Watson at twelve o’ clock about the display unit design.

.[dis’plei]n.陈列, 展览

堂.布拉德利:你12点钟要见菲尔•沃森,商谈展品的设计。

Do you understand the problem?

你明白有什么问题了?

EDWARD GREEN: No, I don’ t.

爱德华.格林:不,没有。

DON BRADLEY: These are the rough designs.

堂.布拉德利:这些是设计初稿。

Choosing the right colour is very important.

选择正确的颜色是很重要的。

EDWARD GREEN: Sorry, could you explain what you mean?

爱德华.格林:不好意思,能解释一下你的意思吗?

DON BRADLEY: Well, we need different colours.

堂.布拉德利:哦,我们需要不同的颜色。

EDWARD GREEN: Ah, do you mean stronger colours?

爱德华.格林:啊,你是说要更深的颜色吗?

DON BRADLEY: Yes, I do.

堂.布拉德利:是的。

This display unit must make an impact.

这件展品必须给人眼前一亮的感觉。

It’ s very important.

这很重要。

It must look right for the launch.

它必须要适合本次的发布。

It must look exciting.

必须令人心动。

EDWARD GREEN: I understand.

爱德华.格林:我明白了。

DON BRADLEY: Well, make sure that Phil understands.

堂.布拉德利:对了,一定要让菲尔明白。

Also this pictures of Big Boss need to be bigger...

另外,“大老板”的照片还要大些……

****

CLIVE HARRIS: So, we aren’ t a very big company...but I think we are very efficient.

.[i’fiʃənt]adj.有能力的, 率高的

克莱夫.哈里斯:我们公司尽管不是很大……,但办事效率却是很高的。

MR. SAKAI: How many people do you employ?

酒井先生:你们公司有多少员工?

CLIVE HARRIS: About seven hundred full-time.

克莱夫.哈里斯:有约700名全职员。

But we take on casual staff when we need them. [’kæʒjuəl]临时的, 不定期的

但有需要时我们也会雇临时工。

Would you like some more coffee, Mr. Sakai?

酒井先生,要不要再来些咖啡?

MR. SAKAI: No, thank you. And, please, call me Kazo.

酒井先生:不, 谢谢。请还是叫我加须吧。

CLIVE HARRIS: And you must call me Clive.

克莱夫.哈里斯:那你就叫我克莱夫。

So, shall we have a look around?

那么,我们四处参观一下?

MR. SAKAI: That would be very nice.

酒井先生:那太好了。

CLIVE HARRIS: Then perhaps we could have some lunch.

克莱夫.哈里斯:之后,我们可以一起吃午餐。午餐后,我的几名高级经理会给你做场演示。

And then after lunch some of my senior managers will make a presentation to you.

.[,prezən’teiʃən]n.表演

Would you like to leave your coat and briefcase here?

你要不要把外套和公文包放在这里?

MR. SAKAI: Thank you.

酒井先生:谢谢。

CLIVE HARRIS: And this is our Sales and Marketing Department.

克莱夫.哈里斯:这是我们的销售和市场营销部。 你还没见过凯特.麦凯纳吧?

I don’ t think you have met Kate Mckenna.

她是我们的销售主管。

She is Head of Sales. KATE MCKENNA: How do you do?

凯特.麦凯纳:你好!

MR. SAKAI: Kazo Sakai, let me give you my card.

酒井先生:加须.酒井,这是我的卡片。

KATE MCKENNA: Thank you.

凯特.麦凯纳:谢谢。

CLIVE HARRIS: And this is Don Bradley.

克莱夫.哈里斯:这位是堂.布拉德利。

DON BRADLEY: Hello, Mr. Sakai. We have spoken on the phone.

堂.布拉德利:你好, 酒井先生。我们在电话上交谈过。

MR. SAKAI: Hello, Mr. Bradley. You are American.

酒井先生:你好, 布拉德利先生。你是美国人。

And what part of America are you from?

美国哪个地方?

DON BRADLEY: Los Angeles. But I have lived in the UK for five years. I like... /Ah. I have visited ?

堂.布拉德利:洛杉矶。不过我在英国已经住来年了。我喜欢……/啊。我参观过 ……

MR. SAKAI: I’ m sorry.

酒井先生:对不起。

DON BRADLEY: No, please,after you.

堂.布拉德利:不,你先请。

相关资料

相关阅读