2017年BEC中级口语练习:公司运营不佳

全国等级考试资料网 2022-10-27 13:16:31 52

Ⅰ.核心学习:公司发生了糟糕的事

Billy: Howdy, how are you all doing?

比利:你好,你们都还好吗?

Michael: We are just fine. How about you and your company?

迈克尔:我们都很好。你和你的公司最近怎么样?

Billy: As well as can be expected.

比利:预见之中。

Michael: What happened?

迈克尔:发生什么事了?

Billy: Can’t you guess?

比利:你不能猜猜吗?

Michael: Did your company go bankrupt?

迈克尔:你的公司破产了吗?

Billy: You hit the nail on the head. We went bankrupt.

比利:你说的一点没错。我们的公司关门大吉了。

Michael: I am sorry to hear that.

迈克尔:很难过听到这个消息。

Billy: Not as sorry as we are.

比利:没有我们那么难过。

Michael: Is there anything I can do for you?

迈克尔:我可以帮你什么忙吗?

Billy: Now we are all in debt and unemployed. Can you lend us some money and help us find new jobs?

比利:现在我们都欠债累累而且失业在家了。你能借给我们一些钱并帮我们找到工作吗?

Michael: I will do my best. I will try.

迈克尔:我会尽力而为。我会努力帮你们的。

Ⅱ.单词简析

1) A dime a dozen : common, easy to find

普通的,容易找到的

ex:Low-paying jobs are a dime a dozen.

要想找到一份低工资的工作是轻而易举的事情。

2) Bankrupt : to lose all of your money, be broke

破产

ex:Ned’s company is in bad shape. They are almost bankrupt.

耐德的公司经营状况很糟糕,他们几乎要面临破产的边缘。

3) Debt : to owe money,

债务,欠债

ex:My company is already in debt for one million dollars. I will do my best to pay you back.

我的公司已经欠了1百万美元,我会尽我最大的努力偿还你的钱。

4)Surplus : extra; too much

盈余,剩余

ex:Our store has a surplus of product.

我们的商店还有大量的产品积压。

5) You hit the nail on the head : yes, exactly

正确无误

ex:Yes, you are right, you hit the nail on the head.

是的,你对了,完全正确。

相关资料

相关阅读