2017年BEC中级口语练习:办公设备

全国等级考试资料网 2022-10-23 16:24:40 51

Ⅰ.核心学习:办公设备常见问题

Billy: What’s going down?

比利:怎么了?

Michael: I have a problem.

迈克尔:我碰到了一个问题。

Billy: What’s that?

比利:什么问题?

Michael: I just bought a computer.

迈克尔:我刚买了一台电脑。

Billy: That’s great.

比利:好事啊。

Michael: But it keeps crashing.

迈克尔:可它老死机。

Billy: Have you had it checked out?

比利:你找人检查过了吗?

Michael: Yes, I think it might have a bug in one of its programs.

迈克尔:找了,我想可能其中一个软件有问题。

Billy: You should call the company service number.

比利:你应该给那家电脑公司服务部打电话,让他们来看看。

Michael: That’s what I will do. Maybe they can send some repairmen over to fix my machine.

迈克尔:我正打算这么做。也许他们会派维修人员来把我的机器修好。

Billy: But this cloud does have a silver lining, now you have more time to spend with me.

比利:这种情况也有好的一面,现在你可以有更多的时间来陪我了。

Michael: You’re right. Let’s go out for some coffee.

迈克尔:你说得对。我们去喝咖啡吧。

  Ⅱ.单词简析

1) Bug : a problem in the program.

臭虫,电脑程序中的问题

ex:Windows software often has many bugs and is, therefore, annoying to use.

Windows (微软视窗)软件总是有许多问题,所以用起来很头疼。

2) To let someone go : a polite way of saying, "You’re fired."

辞去某人的比较礼貌委婉的说法

ex:After Bob messed up the presentation, the company decided to let him go.

鲍勃把报告作得一团糟后,公司决定让他辞职。

3) Every cloud has a silver lining : there is a good side in every situation

每种状况都有其好的一面

ex:Bob’s cloud has a silver lining. After being fired, he has more time to spend with his kids.

鲍勃的情况也有好的一面。失业后他有了更多的时间与孩子们呆在一起。

4) Down : not working

不工作了,坏了

ex:The copy machine is down and I can’t make any copies.

复印机坏了,我无法复印了。

5) Back on my feet : recover, get better

恢复

ex:Bob is already back on his feet, even though his wife had just left him just last month.

鲍勃已经恢复过来了,尽管妻子上个月刚刚离开了他。

6) Virus : a disease

病毒

ex:A computer virus attacked my hard drive.

电脑病毒袭击了我的硬盘。

相关资料

相关阅读